First we need to Copy the Microsoft Entourage Archive .rge file to a portable drive to Move it to windows PC. But you might be having the question, how do I export Entourage mails to a Entourage archive / .rge file. What is a Microsoft Entourage Archive?
Phase 1 .
Microsoft Entourage 2004/2008 provides facility to create Entourage Archive for archiving purpose. Follow these steps to export your data to an Entourage Archive.
1. Launch Microsoft Entourage 2004/2008 on your Mac.
2. Choose Entourage Main Menu > File > Export. An export dialog is opened. Select option “Items to an Entourage archive” and select “All Items”. (You can also uncheck unwanted items in this window.)
3. Click on small next-button located near right-bottom corner of the window. Choose appropriate option in next dialog and again click on the next-button. It will ask you to provide a file name (Say Main Identity.rge). Click on “Save” button and wait till the archiving completes.
Phase 2 : Copy Exported .rge Entourage archive file to PC
4. Copy the exported .rge file from Mac using an external drive or network shared volume. Please note that the archive will appear as a folder on Windows computer.
Phase 3 : Convert Entourage Archive .rge file to PST using Entourage to PST Converter
5. Launch Entourage to PST Converter on your PC.
6. Choose Radio button Option Entourage Archive ( view reference picture above) and click next
7. Click on “Browse” button located below and select the copied Entourage Archive folder (Say Main Identity.rge) in folder selection dialog. Now click “Next”.
8. Specify a folder where the PST file has to be saved.
9. Entourage 2004/2008 archive .rge file is converted to PST file, ready for use with Windows Outlook.
Phase 4 : Open / Import mails from PST in Outlook for Windows
1. Open Outlook and use the Open or Import option to view your mails.